Cyclo-computer advice needed

edited April 2011 in Accessories
Now that I am in my first full season of riding my TT Path, I would like to add a wireless cyclo-computer to measure how far I have traveled and how fast I am going. Are there other features I should consider? Are there any makes and/or models that I should avoid?

When I rode an upright, I used two different Cat Eye computers without any complaints.

Comments

• bevo wrote:
    Now that I am in my first full season of riding my TT Path, I would like to add a wireless cyclo-computer to measure how far I have traveled and how fast I am going. Are there other features I should consider? Are there any makes and/or models that I should avoid?

When I rode an upright, I used two different Cat Eye computers without any complaints.

I have a PlanetBike 9.0 wireless that I got from Utah Trikes. Works great, just have to remember to change the battery in the computer part after 6 months, which is easy and cheap. http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Bike-Wirel ... B000QSXO9U

Terratrike also sells Cateye computers on the accessory page.
  • We sell a Cat-Eye computer here with lots of happy customers, but there are TONS of options out there!
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • I have a cheap one I got from Walmart on my Rover that works fine for me, though I'm sure there are much nicer ones out there. I think it is made by Bell.
  • I have the same question for a Cruiser. The problem I have is that I can't find anything that's close enough to the spokes to fit the sensor. The Cateye model on the accessories section shows it fitted with an extension bar(?) off the linkage rods. Is that extension bar a separate item? How do you normally fit a computer to a Cruiser?