Small plastic pieces in seat attachment bracket.

edited April 2011 in Rover
I was riding my Rover yesterday and noticed that as I came to the end of the ride that the seat bottom had moved forward. I guess that I didn't tighten the bracket enough. When I went to return the seat back to its normal position I noticed that there were two plastic pieces that were no longer inside the bracket. I removed them and saved them so I still have them. My question is how necessary are these small pieces of plastic. Are they really needed or can I leave them out. It will be necessary to remove the whole seat in order to replace them into the bracket. What should I do. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Any chance of possibly giving us a photo of the 'pieces'?

Are you talking about the *three* plastic angled pieces that go through the bolt (seat clamp bolt) under the frame? If not, can you please describe the parts better?

** If ** it is parts from the above? You should have one bolt, with a flip-handle on one side, and a finger-nut (my words) on the other. The bolt goes through the bracket on the left side of the trike at the bottom of the bracket, then the "three pieces", then through the right side of the bracket, then the finger-nut. You tighten the finger-nut just enough so the flip-handle is *snug* when you flip it up.

About the THREE PIECES: two of the three pieces are identical, and they go on either side of the odd piece.

If I am all wrong, please either describe more, or add a photo or two?
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • probably the OP is talking abut the plastic shims, that are glued to the U shaped seat bracket. If that is what they are, you can probably reglue them in place.
  • If so, then he'll need to take the seat off to re-glue them.

The reason to put them back on is to lower the chance of scratching the trike, and, to reduce the chance of an wiggling...

It could indeed be what the OP was talking about :)
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • I had a seat problem that pulled off the slick thin plastic sheets. Phone TerraTrike and they can send you replacements.
    Tombent - My Rover
  • Sounds like the shims. Give us a call!
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike