Waiting for My Rambler!

edited May 2011 in Rambler
Even though I was trying to get ready for work at the time, as soon as 7:00 am (Pacific, 10 Eastern) on April 8 rolled around, I was on the phone with Matt of Utah Trikes placing my Rambler order. I wasn't one of the first overall, but I *think* I was the first at UT.

I'm very excited to be a Rambler owner, very excited to be a trike owner, and am glad that I had the guidance of many on BROL to this company which they apparently adore :D. I think this trike will be as successful as the Rover (which I almost purchased the week before!), and will bring many new people like myself into triking. It's been decades since I've owned an HPV (Schwinn Bike), and now that I've "seasoned" somewhat over the years, am very glad that this fun type of transportation is available and affordable and so very different than the "granny" trikes I've seen.

Thanks to TT for making these available for those of us on a budget, and I look forward to many happy years of (Terra) triking!
I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

IGP1323-Th.jpg
«1

Comments

  • Bout time you showed up on this forum Reni :mrgreen:

    You must be much better at waiting than I am, meantime - I am sure Captain Bob and I will tell you about ALL the wonderful rides we go on from now until June - Hehe
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/
    
    (copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • Welcome to the Rambler forum......
  • Vegasrenie, I think you WERE prolly the first.

    Ashley from UT was the first person to put in an order, so since you were prolly the first to order from him - I'd say that qualifies you as being the first person.
    That's what I'm going with anyways.

    We LOVE your enthusiasm and if it's any indication from what I saw and heard this last weekend when we had the Rambler at the Bike Expo in Milwaukee, you are going to be a very happy triker.
    image
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • When will there be a video? I'd really like to see it "in the wild"!
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

    IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • AHEM! Call this a nag. Any ETA on a Rambler video? Inquiring minds, blah blah blah.
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

    IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • I actually do not have an answer for that which means that they probably haven't decided on when they are going to do it. As soon as it's available you will see a post about it on the news feed.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • I just ordered a Rambler Std (24 spd) from my Portland dealer. It will match the Spyder in my garage…. unfortunately, it won't get here before late July….. I liked the seating on the Rambler, but not the looks or the limited gearbox - I have steep hills around my home, all of the decent trails are gravel, and I (now) have a bionic knee - so the lower trikes really aren't easy for me to use. The Rambler looks to provide a good option. We'll see. Green, BTW….
  • I just ordered a Rambler Std (24 spd) from my Portland dealer. It will match the Spyder in my garage…. unfortunately, it won't get here before late July….. I liked the seating on the Rambler, but not the looks or the limited gearbox - I have steep hills around my home, all of the decent trails are gravel, and I (now) have a bionic knee - so the lower trikes really aren't easy for me to use. The Rambler looks to provide a good option. We'll see. Green, BTW….

    You always swap out the chain wheel and cassette and lower the gearing pretty substantially. This wouldn't cost much, and maybe your dealer could do it for you.
  • Or, if needed/desired, you might do what I did to my Rover - swap out the front chain-ring for a smaller one - it worked perfect for me :)

    Trike-Mods2011-02-25001.jpg
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/
    
    (copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • Time for my weekly nag!!

    and whine :)

    Any news on a video yet? {{insert whiny voice, see intense pouting}} Didn't every other trike have its own video right after it was announced? Will we get to see a video with both colors? I want to see it now. {stomping foot, crossing arms, pouting lip}
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

    IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • Peter_C wrote:
    Or, if needed/desired, you might do what I did to my Rover - swap out the front chain-ring for a smaller one - it worked perfect for me :)

    Trike-Mods2011-02-25001.jpg

    Would you mind doing a write up on this? I'm Very interested in doing the same thing!
    Gordon

    Rover Derailleur 8 w/26" Rear Wheel
    [Front Derailleur Is On The Way!!]
  • grodo.00 wrote:
    Peter_C wrote:
    Or, if needed/desired, you might do what I did to my Rover - swap out the front chain-ring for a smaller one - it worked perfect for me :)

    Trike-Mods2011-02-25001.jpg

    Would you mind doing a write up on this? I'm Very interested in doing the same thing!

    Yes I will. Please give me a day or so? I will start a NEW post in the Rover section detailing both the parts and special tools needed, and a blow-by-blow.

    I will say it is as easy as installing new pedals. I was expecting to pay to have it done, but Ashley over at UTT convinced me to do it myself - and I enjoy the feeling of making the changes myself :)
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/
    
    (copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • I wish it was July!! There's a great First Friday bike event in downtown Vegas next Friday, and I'm chomping at the bit to participate. It looks pretty low key - going through downtown "hot spots," the Arts district, galleries, shops, blah blah blah. There are a few scheduled stops and there will be bike valets. How cool is that! I'd love to see the reaction of the valet guys when a trike rolls up. :D

    With any luck, it will be a recurring event and I'll be able to participate later. Meanwhile {{sigh}}.

    Edit: One more thing. This week, I decided to get Orange. Who knows what I'll do next week!
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

    IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • Vegasrenie wrote:
    I wish it was July!! There's a great First Friday bike event in downtown Vegas next Friday, and I'm chomping at the bit to participate. It looks pretty low key - going through downtown "hot spots," the Arts district, galleries, shops, blah blah blah. There are a few scheduled stops and there will be bike valets. How cool is that! I'd love to see the reaction of the valet guys when a trike rolls up. :D

    With any luck, it will be a recurring event and I'll be able to participate later. Meanwhile {{sigh}}.

    Edit: One more thing. This week, I decided to get Orange. Who knows what I'll do next week!

    You better be careful with those bike valets, when you get your new Rambler. I can see the drag races going on right now, in back of the building, as soon as you are out of sight....... :?
  • grodo.00 wrote:
    Would you mind doing a write up on this? I'm Very interested in doing the same thing!
    Hello - the white paper on my Lasco crank change is done, the link is:
    http://www.terratrike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=735
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/
    
    (copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • Well my dealer started talking mid-August for delivery, so I went down and tried a Road again - comfortable once I got in, but too low for my bionic knee, and what they had in inventory was too short. Among a number of other models (Ice, etc.) they had a base Villager II with the adjustable seat, available with the 27 spd gearbox within two weeks, It was soo comfortable, and high enough for my knee, so I flipped for the Cat. Sorry TT, but my knee recovery couldn't wait.
  • Well my dealer started talking mid-August for delivery, so I went down and tried a Road again - comfortable once I got in, but too low for my bionic knee, and what they had in inventory was too short. Among a number of other models (Ice, etc.) they had a base Villager II with the adjustable seat, available with the 27 spd gearbox within two weeks, It was soo comfortable, and high enough for my knee, so I flipped for the Cat. Sorry TT, but my knee recovery couldn't wait.

    CHONK!! Is this true???
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

    IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • Well my dealer started talking mid-August for delivery, so I went down and tried a Road again - comfortable once I got in, but too low for my bionic knee, and what they had in inventory was too short. Among a number of other models (Ice, etc.) they had a base Villager II with the adjustable seat, available with the 27 spd gearbox within two weeks, It was soo comfortable, and high enough for my knee, so I flipped for the Cat. Sorry TT, but my knee recovery couldn't wait.

    Well I'm sorry to hear that - especially since what the dealer told you was NOT TRUE! We are still scheduled for a mid-June delivery and typically we turn around - same day - any dealer orders. So worst case scenario, your dealer would have it with 2-3 days and give a couple days for build, should be able to get it to you a week after WE get them in.

    Definately NOT mid-August.

    In fact we have a same day or next turnaround on ALL of our in-stock models.

    The villager is a fine machine and I'm sure you will be happy with it.

    Please contact me and let me know which dealer it was so I can call him and set him straight.
    image
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • WOW Renie, looks like you could have your new Rambler by the end of JUNE :o
  • Whew!!

    I didn't think that there would be any delay without letting everybody know, but the post sounded relatively legit to me.

    Now, one question. June or July? Either way, I'm excited that the schedule seems to be on track!
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

    IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • caryl wrote:
    WOW Renie, looks like you could have your new Rambler by the end of JUNE :o

    !!!!!!!! :o
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

    IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • Vegasrenie wrote:
    Whew!!

    I didn't think that there would be any delay without letting everybody know, but the post sounded relatively legit to me.

    Now, one question. June or July? Either way, I'm excited that the schedule seems to be on track!

    Or it could be that the dealer was looking for a quicker sale. ;)
  • Keep in mind that there can be a + of a week or so depending on how customs decides their feeling that week.
    image
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • chonk wrote:
    Keep in mind that there can be a + of a week or so depending on how customs decides their feeling that week.

    I'm good with that. I have to say that if it was going to take until August, I'd probably get a Rover (not a Villager) and just regret it later ("Why didn't I just wait the extra month?!?"). If the dealer steered him toward the Villager ($$$ more than two of the Rambler models), I think he had a financial stake in getting the sale done now.

    Just sayin'. :roll:
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

    IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • Vegasrenie wrote:
    chonk wrote:
    Keep in mind that there can be a + of a week or so depending on how customs decides their feeling that week.

    I'm good with that. I have to say that if it was going to take until August, I'd probably get a Rover (not a Villager) and just regret it later ("Why didn't I just wait the extra month?!?"). If the dealer steered him toward the Villager ($$$ more than two of the Rambler models), I think he had a financial stake in getting the sale done now.

    Just sayin'. :roll:

    I think you should get a recipe book for Chocolate Chip Cookies, and bake a case of them to take down to Customs, around the time that the Ramblers are due to arrive with a Terratrike T shirt on, and start handing them out to the customs folks. It might not help, but it couldn't hurt...... ;)
  • Hey Chonk?

    In all Seriousness? Perhaps *you* should find a way to get Reni her Rambler a bit sooner? You *ARE* the miracle man after all~!
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/
    
    (copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • When it comes to getting the Rambler in, we are not getting it in any sooner than we are sending it out. Once the shipment hits our doors we are turning around and sending them right back out after being built. No "miracles" are getting them here any sooner. :(
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • kellib wrote:
    When it comes to getting the Rambler in, we are not getting it in any sooner than we are sending it out. Once the shipment hits our doors we are turning around and sending them right back out after being built. No "miracles" are getting them here any sooner. :(

    Hm. Maybe if Kelli showed up with cookies.... :D
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

    IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • Call me crazy. I'm good with that!

    I decided that the color of the Rambler is a lot less important than the number. I'm HOPING to get S/N #1. Or whatever the lowest number is. Because it's the IGH that I'm wanting, that probably won't happen, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    I decided that both colors nicely coordinate with my varied bling, so either would work. :D
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

    IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • OK, you're C R A Z Y ~ ! ! ! !
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/
    
    (copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
Sign In or Register to comment.