Soon to be New Owner

edited July 2011 in Legacy Products
I ordered my new TerraTrike Path today from my local dealer. Extremely excited about getting it (which should be by next Saturday, hopefully). Used to ride bikes a lot, but with my current health problems, riding a regular bike is out of the question. Been looking at trikes for a long time, but never quite pulled the trigger. Sold some stuff on eBay, and boom, here we go! Going basic at first, a Path8, with mirrors and the iPhone case. Add and change things as time goes on, probably. I've been reading some things here, so got some ideas already.

vladimir10

'Remember, tomorrow is promised to no one.
Walter Payton'

vladimir10

Comments

• don't forget flags and fenders. at least a rear fender unless you don't mind getting a stripe up your backside.
  • bumblebee wrote:
    don't forget flags and fenders. at least a rear fender unless you don't mind getting a stripe up your backside.
    The dealer supplies a flag with all TerraTrikes, but the fender is a good idea. I have a (growing ;) ) list of add-ons to get, but gotta start small, not overload the wife with too much...

Can't wait, I miss riding a lot

Walter Payton'

vladimir10
  • i'm very happy to help. if you have other questions, bentrider online is good place to go. there are many people there much more knowledgable than me who are more than willing to help out as well. good luck with your new trike and happy riding!
  • You'll want a way to keep your feet attached to the pedals right off the bat, either by adding toe clips or by replacing the stock pedals with clipless pedals. I personally feel that the stock pedals are probably the weakest component on the Path.
  • daver wrote:
    You'll want a way to keep your feet attached to the pedals right off the bat, either by adding toe clips or by replacing the stock pedals with clipless pedals. I personally feel that the stock pedals are probably the weakest component on the Path.

Almost all trikes sold, require either getting Powergrips or clipless pedals to hold your foot securely on the pedal. This avoids having your foot accidentally slipping off the pedal causing an injury to your foot or leg when you are moving. Most trike riders prefer clipless pedals.
  • Thanks for the info, guys. I have a pair of clipless from my standard bike I intend to put on my trike when I get it.

Walter Payton'

vladimir10
  • Being built right now, picking it up tomorrow at noon

:P

Walter Payton'

vladimir10
  • Bet you will have a blast once you get it.
  • Got it home, rode it around a bit, man is it fun and fast, but I am SO out of shape...

Gotta a lot of work to do, but am looking forward to it!

Walter Payton'

vladimir10
  • Need a photo for proof~! Gotta do it, it's in da rulez
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • I love the forum, it is really informative and so nice to be able to share problems with other likeminded people..

IMG_2174.jpg

Does this count?

:D

Walter Payton'

vladimir10
  • OMG. Color-coordinated helmet. That's the kind of bling I love!!
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • Vegasrenie wrote:
    OMG. Color-coordinated helmet. That's the kind of bling I love!!

Haha, I know, I was so psyched about the color of the Path! I know that's weird, but it's me. Fell in love with cycling during the TdF and Lance Armstrong era.

Walter Payton'

vladimir10
  • Yeah, I REALLY like the color of the Path. I haven't figured out why the colors of the Rambler are so unappealing. I'm hoping when mine finally comes I'll like it better in person. If not I may need to look for a solution. Decals?, Striping? Spray can? :?:
    Fran
    Rosie "Rambling Rose"
    TT Rambler
  • I love the color too :) We all want trike p0rn. So making new owners send in photos of their new trikes helps.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • Yeah, I REALLY like the color of the Path. I haven't figured out why the colors of the Rambler are so unappealing. I'm hoping when mine finally comes I'll like it better in person. If not I may need to look for a solution. Decals?, Striping? Spray can? :?:

Maybe a local car shop can paint it?
    :lol:

Walter Payton'

vladimir10
  • Peter_C wrote:
    I love the color too :) We all want trike p0rn. So making new owners send in photos of their new trikes helps.

Thank you.

No problems. Was going to post it before, but...

Been riding it mostly every day, then my son was home from school, so that killed a week, then was sick, but got back on it yesterday. Love how it rides, easy to move, though hills can be a bit tough. My first rides were good, kept going a little bit farther every day, so that was good. Ordered an extra flag, a trike hangar (for the garage) and a seat bag, so be adding that soon. Trying to decide about the larger back wheel, gotta convince the wife to buy it for me... :shock:

Walter Payton'

vladimir10
  • I like the way you have your mirrors mounted on the tops of the grip shifts on each side. We bought the 1" extenders for each mirror and mounted them on the horizontal. Gets a little better view for us tall guys. Utah Trikes sells them exclusively, I think. They're ten bucks each, and in my opinion worth it. We use the mirror mounts as "resting places" for our hands and find that you can steer the unit from that position also. Coupled with the grip shifters, there are so many variable hand positions with the mirrors situated this way. Very comfy, and very flexible. For someone with wrist issues, it's ideal.

Regarding the bigger tire on the rear ... we're changing over to the 2.25 (I think that's the size) larger diameter tire too. Will be interested to see how it affects the "feel" of the road. Be aware that the larger-diameter tire will probably require a few spares tubes in a larger size.

Love my Path.

Thanks for sharing.

~~ kate
  • katekosar wrote:
    I like the way you have your mirrors mounted on the tops of the grip shifts on each side. We bought the 1" extenders for each mirror and mounted them on the horizontal. Gets a little better view for us tall guys. Utah Trikes sells them exclusively, I think. They're ten bucks each, and in my opinion worth it. We use the mirror mounts as "resting places" for our hands and find that you can steer the unit from that position also. Coupled with the grip shifters, there are so many variable hand positions with the mirrors situated this way. Very comfy, and very flexible. For someone with wrist issues, it's ideal.

Regarding the bigger tire on the rear ... we're changing over to the 2.25 (I think that's the size) larger diameter tire too. Will be interested to see how it affects the "feel" of the road. Be aware that the larger-diameter tire will probably require a few spares tubes in a larger size.

Love my Path.

Thanks for sharing.

~~ kate

The Dealer I put them there, and, so far, it works well. I thought about adding lights, but don't plan on night riding any time soon. I didn't get a computer, as I have an iPhone, and found a pretty good app, called B.iCycle. It works pretty well, and it was only $10.

Well, off to ride in the heat...

Walter Payton'

vladimir10

Just call me Retro Woman. I still haven't decided which color I'm going to get - at this point I really don't care - but either would be fine. While I love the sunny, happy color of the Path, I do like the 50s chic of the Rambler, lol.
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • I don't know. They call it sunset gold. I call it school bus yellow, but at least it's different from any other bike I've owned.
  • Today put me over the 50 miles barrier on my bike, total. Would have been sooner, but my son had a week off of school before he started summer camp, then it took me a week to get myself motivated again... :roll:

Walter Payton'

vladimir10