assembly and disassembly of the tandem

edited June 2012 in Tandem
I am wondering if there are any videos out there that instruct on how to take the tandem apart and reassemble it? we've done ours a few times, but it is really a challenge. Don't know which coupler to do first, at time the trike kind of rolls to the side when we are trying to reassemble it . There must be an easier way. We really want to take our tandem with us when we got camping, but it's so hard to reassemble, that we haven't done it.

thanks,
T & P

Comments

• I *think* TT is got that project on their schedule, but perhaps Kelli can give you better info?

Calling K E L L I - Helloooo?
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • lol...I swear I already posted the answer! Maybe they emailed me as well. Anyway...we are working on videos, but we aren't quite finished with them. I was hoping a fellow tandem rider would step up and show them how they do it. As soon as the video is finished we'll let you know.

Coupling and uncoupling should only take about 15 minutes on a Tandem Pro. Why don't you give us a call in the mean time and talk to a tech and maybe they can give you some tips.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • kellib wrote:
    As soon as the video is finished we'll let you know. Coupling and uncoupling should only take about 15 minutes on a Tandem Pro.

BUMP
    This thread is a little long in the tooth. Any update on that video? Specifically, I'm looking to buy the tandem attachment for my new Rover. Any word on how long copling and uncoupling should take on that?
  • It would be great to see that video. I've posted in a couple of threads that dis- and reassembly have taken well longer than 15 minutes, and more than two people. I would like nothing better than to feel comfortable taking the trike apart and putting it back together so we can travel a little farther from home. We're so lucky to have all of the bike paths we have here in Western Mass.
    Thanks.
  • The time and tools required for our two different tandems are two very different things. We have a video for the Rover Tandem posted. We do not have a video for the Tandem Pro.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • kellib wrote:
    The time and tools required for our two different tandems are two very different things. We have a video for the Rover Tandem posted. We do not have a video for the Tandem Pro.
    Could you give us a link on that, Kelli? For the life of me, I've never been able to find it?
  • WilhelmGGW wrote:
    kellib wrote:
    The time and tools required for our two different tandems are two very different things. We have a video for the Rover Tandem posted. We do not have a video for the Tandem Pro.
    Could you give us a link on that, Kelli? For the life of me, I've never been able to find it?

The videos are accessible from the Community->Media->Videos page. They take you to these youtube videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sgJQKeJ ... e=youtu.be (part 1)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H1GATf- ... e=youtu.be (part 2)

-Chris
  • Yipes, Chris! You take me to a place I had no idea was even out there! I thought I'd explored this web site as well as anyone could. Long ago I found the manuals and instructional videos at Products - Manuals/Charts - Manuals. I guess I stopped looking when I saw all the video tutorials there. I never went on to discover all the others at Community - Media - Videos. My bad. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Note to Wedmaster: Maybe it would be good to organize the site videos a little more intuitively -- like maybe all the "how to" videos in one place and the general media videos elsewhere?
  • We are launching a new website shortly and it should be much more intuitive! Thanks for your feedback.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike