Maybe Not *Quite* Stock!

edited August 2011 in Rambler
Because real life interfered with my budget, I had planned to go with a straight stock Rambler, and even though I've been able to mostly correct that issue, I have made a couple of changes based on my experiences with Lillian (the Rover).
    The areas that looked mostly flat when driving a car have become amazingly steep hills when triking. However, I know that a lot of that is due to the condition of the engine. Okay, mostly *all* of it. With that reality, I think that shorter cranks and a smaller chainring up front would serve me well, a la Peter. :D
    I was going to go ahead and get the standard fenders just so I'd have them, but I decided to wait until I can afford the Woody's fenders I *really* want!
    Definitely a rack! Need a place for my trunk for all the paranoia stuff I'll be taking with me every day.
    BAs of course
    I've found that the standard brakes work just fine for me now. I'm not a speeder, don't put any strain on the weight of the trike, and my sudden stops aren't as "sudden" as those on go-fast trikes. So - at least for now - the stock brakes should be fine. In my Bling 2.0 period, I'll upgrade to BB7s. By that time I'll be fit. ish. And maybe speedy.

So that's it. Once we get a confirmation on the exact dates of delivery, I'll be heading to Utah Trikes for a personal fitting. :lol:
I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

IGP1323-Th.jpg

Comments

• Yes, I also added to my order. Rear fender, rack, mirror and power grips to move over to Sun trike in hopes of getting DH to ride with me. Even that stretches my budget but I NEED those things. It's 5 miles to my girlfriend's house who has a pool and I need a way to carry my suit and towel. (I have an open-ended invite, even if they're are not at home!) The fender to keep the stripe off my back, and the mirror so I can see where I've been!
    BTW, when I was at my 6 month check up I told the doc about riding the trike 11.5 miles out here in the boonies and she asked " Aren't you afraid?" I said of what? She says "Bad men". I rarely see anyone on my rides much less bad men. Maybe a car or two pass me. I sure don't want to live in fear like that.
    Fran
    Fran
    Rosie "Rambling Rose"
    TT Rambler
  • I will probably be using the Time pedals on the Rambler because so far I like them. Good platform, and definite sound of clicking in and clicking out. When riding they don't feel any different from the Smarty, and if I want to upgrade to the higher-end CB pedals, they'll cost more than what I paid for the Time Atacs. So I might as well keep them until I have a reason not to.

The rack is a definite must-have. I'm saving some extra for those few things that are absolute necessities. Rack, mirror, hopefully cranks/chainring. Most important stuff I already have - helmet, flag, see-me clothes, shoes, etc.
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • Vegasrenie wrote:
    Because real life interfered with my budget, I had planned to go with a straight stock Rambler, and even though I've been able to mostly correct that issue, I have made a couple of changes based on my experiences with Lillian (the Rover).
      The areas that looked mostly flat when driving a car have become amazingly steep hills when triking. However, I know that a lot of that is due to the condition of the engine. Okay, mostly *all* of it. With that reality, I think that shorter cranks and a smaller chainring up front would serve me well, a la Peter. :D
      I was going to go ahead and get the standard fenders just so I'd have them, but I decided to wait until I can afford the Woody's fenders I *really* want!
      Definitely a rack! Need a place for my trunk for all the paranoia stuff I'll be taking with me every day.
      BAs of course
      I've found that the standard brakes work just fine for me now. I'm not a speeder, don't put any strain on the weight of the trike, and my sudden stops aren't as "sudden" as those on go-fast trikes. So - at least for now - the stock brakes should be fine. In my Bling 2.0 period, I'll upgrade to BB7s. By that time I'll be fit. ish. And maybe speedy.

So that's it. Once we get a confirmation on the exact dates of delivery, I'll be heading to Utah Trikes for a personal fitting. :lol:

Be sure to contact Ashley to get the "Lasco" crankset in stock and save one for you! They go fast it seems!! The 22T chainring I think is great, but I suspect my engine is worse than yours, so I also bought and installed a 20T chainring, which is perfect for me, in time I can see me turning it into a double 20/32 - but only when I find myself spinning out - which isn't happening yet.
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---