Deluxe Fender installation

edited October 2011 in Accessories
I ordered the deluxe fender kit for my path last night and since I am a horribly impatient person I was wondering if anyone had a link to the installation instructions? I figure studying the instructions now will help pass the shipping time and make the install go quicker. I'll post pictures once they are installed.

Comments

• I installed the fenders on my Tour in June and it was straight forward.

If you are unable to wait PM me and I will scan the instructions I have and send them.

Rod
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks for the offer Rod, but I received the fenders last night (along with the luggage rack). The fenders are very easy to install. I do have an issue with one of the fenders, but I've contacted TerraTrike and hope to hear back from them soon.
  • TWO DAYS turnaround time - amazing!!!
  • Yeah I have to give them major kudos on that. So far I'm totally loving my TerraTrike experience.
  • caryl wrote:
    TWO DAYS turnaround time - amazing!!!

Even more amazing... I reported that one of the fenders was defective Friday morning and the replacement was on my porch Monday afternoon! Talk about fast service. Thanks again Kelli and the gang.
  • Hehe - sadly I have bugged Kelli more times than I can count (not problems, just questions, bling, and parts) - and I love the service I get from TT, from kelli to Lydia to Ben - all great people!
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • Peter_C wrote:
    Hehe - sadly I have bugged Kelli more times than I can count (not problems, just questions, bling, and parts) - and I love the service I get from TT, from kelli to Lydia to Ben - all great people!

ahem.....anyone else? :roll:
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • chonk wrote:
    Peter_C wrote:
    Hehe - sadly I have bugged Kelli more times than I can count (not problems, just questions, bling, and parts) - and I love the service I get from TT, from kelli to Lydia to Ben - all great people!

OOOOOps, Peter...
    handovermouth2.gif
  • chonk wrote:
    Peter_C wrote:

Anyone else? Like whom??

I guess I didn't think I bugged *you* too much - hehe, but if you like, I can start~!

I am still waiting for a complete list from you of the "15 new items this year" - hehe

Everyone knows how active you are on BROL, and how helpful you are Jim :geek:
    ---
    Peter_C

---
  • It looks like my dreams of wooden fenders from Woody's may remain that ... just a dream. They can make me a set of three that will fit, but I'd be responsible for mounting hardware, which I have not been able to find so far. So it looks like I will be seriously contemplating the deluxe fenders.

In most places, when it rains, you either go out or you don't. It doesn't rain much here, but there is sprinkler runoff EVERY DAY, which means the bottom of my arms get muddy/dirty every day!

Anybody who uses them have any comments? I can see from some of the comments that they're easy to install. Are they pretty durable? Do they rattle? How about the weight? (No, I'm not becoming a weight wienie, lol). Thanks for any info.
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • I do have a solution for fenders with wide tires...

I have not tried it yet myself, but others on BROL spelled it out for me...

Go to the Planet Bike website, and buy the 20" front fenders. Then buy the 26" mounting hardware (struts), and use those struts with your 20" fenders, and cut-off the extra material that is not needed. Use either 2 or 3 struts per side.

If you go the Deluxe Fender kit route, I at least could not get them to not rub my 2" BAs without constant futzing. YMMV
    ---
    Peter_C

---
  • Also, neither choice is heavy at all - that's a non issue. The struts on the deluxe kit are stronger, more stable, less chance of rattles - but fitting them on tires wider than 1.75" is too much for me. I hate rubbing, and rattles - so for the moment they are off.

I plan to try the route explained above once I get tired of getting wet, or mud all over me, handgrips, brake levers, etc...
    ---
    Peter_C

---
  • :) Well count me in guilty as charged I bug them too.Sorry if I bugged you all for other things other than the fenders.