FEEL VERY SAD.

edited November 2011 in Legacy Products
:? WHY IN THE HECK DIDN'T THEY TELL US THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DISCONTINUE THE PATH model for the rambler. That looks like a Rover. I am very very sad and confused on why they would just discontinue the model without letting people know. I was suggesting it to everyone I know now they don't have them. Wow.

Comments

• Patience...we may have something up our sleeve yet. We are not abandoning our Path owners!
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • If this is in fact true, this will certainly change my plans. I've been reading all I can on the Path and Path 8 with the intent of buy one next spring at the latest. If the Path is being replaced with the Rambler, so be it, but I won't buy one. I prefer the Path's frame design and seat position and as my wife found out recently, the horizontal tube in front of the Rover's and Rambler's seat is actually a hinderance. The mechanic at our local TT dealer also mentioned that his feet hit this bar while pedaling.

I'd like to know what TT has in mind before too long or I may be forced to look to a different brand for my first trike.
  • Gary wrote:
    If this is in fact true, this will certainly change my plans. I've been reading all I can on the Path and Path 8 with the intent of buy one next spring at the latest. If the Path is being replaced with the Rambler, so be it, but I won't buy one. I prefer the Path's frame design and seat position and as my wife found out recently, the horizontal tube in front of the Rover's and Rambler's seat is actually a hinderance. The mechanic at our local TT dealer also mentioned that his feet hit this bar while pedaling.

I'd like to know what TT has in mind before too long or I may be forced to look to a different brand for my first trike.

Sounds like the Rovers seat was not properly set for the size of the rider. You should measure your wife's X-seam, and then adjust the boom for her X-seam, which is listed in the owners manual. After that, position the seat so her heels can rest on the pedal at the farthest point. I have had quite a few folks try my Rover, and nobody ever complained about their feet hitting the crossbar, even my 12 year old grandson.

See page 9 on the Rover manual for boom position
    http://terratrike.com/media/documents/N ... Manual.pdf

X-seam measurement http://terratrike.com/sizing.php
  • bentcrazy wrote:
    :? WHY IN THE HECK DIDN'T THEY TELL US THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DISCONTINUE THE PATH model for the rambler. That looks like a Rover. I am very very sad and confused on why they would just discontinue the model without letting people know. I was suggesting it to everyone I know now they don't have them. Wow.

It looks like you can get a functionally equivalent trike via the 8 speed option on the Cruiser, if I am reading the web site correctly, so don't worry too much.
  • fsvoboda wrote:

It looks like you can get a functionally equivalent trike via the 8 speed option on the Cruiser, if I am reading the web site correctly, so don't worry too much.

Cruiser has been discontinued according to the website.
  • Captainbob wrote:
    fsvoboda wrote:

Cruiser has been discontinued according to the website.

Bummer.
  • If you take a look, the Path, Cruiser, and Tour all still exist but are sold under the name of the Tour II, as the 8-speed, Base, and Elite packages, respectively.