Hello

edited July 2013 in Canada
I have had my Rover 8 since Sept. 2012 and love it. I live in Long Point on the shores of Lake Erie in Ontario. If you are looking for a riding partner in this area, even further north, message me and we can get together for a ride. :)

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Wondering where did you both purchase your bikes.
    CobraGary, do you have a Rover 8 as well? Could you both also tell me your total cost at purchase?

I'm in Woodstock.

Thanks
  • Gman I bought my Rover from Brauns in Kitchener but don't think they carry them now. Look at First Cycle Works in London or Hamilton Trike and Bent. They are both Terra Trike dealers. I think with shipping and everything that the cost now is around $1600. CobraGary has a Tourll that he got at First Cycle Works. You could also check out Kijiji, Ebay, Bentrider online as well for a used one as well as classifieds right here. If you get one message me as we are always looking for new riders to join us.
  • I just bought mine (A rover 8 internal) yesterday from a dealer in Hamilton. Hamilton trike and Bent. I won't take delivery until next year but am looking forward to many rides. I intend to use it as a commuter bike from Kanata to Downtown Ottawa. It's about an hour ride each way. Cora has been very helpful answering my questions.
  • When did you end up getting your bike?
    Having had it for a few months now, if you had to do it over again, would you?
  • I picked up the bike in April. A long winter this year.

I've been commuting to and from work some 60 km per day (1:40 min - 2:00 hours each way).

The Rover is very comfortable, but not very fast. My legs are much better now than when I started, I tend to drive around in 7 or 8 th gear now, when I started I was in 4-5, often wish there was one or two higher gears, but honestly it would be rare when I could use them.

I've ridden with some local cyclists here and they tell me I average 18-26 km/h, pretty much any road bike flies by me. I silently cheer when I pass a road bike :)

I have some good sized hills on my ride, the low gearing on the rover handles these well.

Would I buy again yes, would I change anything, maybe if it would improve things more but its hard to justify spending $300-800 of front gearing for probably nominal improvements. I'd say Terratrike seems to have nailed the features pretty good.

My biggest annoyance with the rover is the seat tearing and the poor shifter performance, 2nd gear is near impossible to get to, 7 was wonky but seems to be improving with use. I wish they had made the handle bars a bit longer for lights and stuff. Perhaps the worst designed feature is the horizontally mounted water bottle. I've killed a few bottles because they bounced out. I solved this with an elastic band.

A future enhancement I would like would be electric assist for the days when my engine says NOT again.

The biggest improvement I have made is replacing the pedals with clipons and a good pair of shoes.

Hope that helps.

• Been riding for a year now. The bike is fun the gears work for the most part flawlessly.

I'd like a bigger back wheel to boast the speed. I spend most of my time in 6-8 gears but use 1 on occasion when its hot and I'm tired.

I ride to and from work about 25 Km (Kanata to Downtown Ottawa) takes roughly two hours each way.

• tunana wrote: »
    I have had my Rover 8 since Sept. 2012 and love it. I live in Long Point on the shores of Lake Erie in Ontario. If you are looking for a riding partner in this area, even further north, message me and we can get together for a ride. :)

• Hello there,

I will be in the Long Point, St. Williams area September 11 through until the 16th.

We will be camping in the area and I will have my bike along with me.

I ride a three wheeled recumbent Trident trike.

Perhaps send me an email, and maybe we can hook up during that week sometime.

When I am away from my home environment, like that, it would be great to have someone to ride with!

Dale

adkj5455@rogers.com

519-269-3971