CSRA Triking - Your Pace or Mine

There is now a group of trikers in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA).  We ride casually several times a week on the North Augusta Greenway and the Augusta Canal.  We also do several organized rides during the year on trails like the Silver Comet.  If interested, send an email to 

csratriking@gmail.com

Comments

• Riding Schedule for the week of September 14, 2015

Monday
    None Planned
    Tuesday
    0600 - North Augusta Greenway.  Meet at the parking lot near the soccer field restrooms.
    1800 - North Augusta Greenway.  Meet at the gravel parking lot near the auto roundabout near the golf course.
    Wednesday
    0600 - North Augusta Greenway.  Meet at the parking lot near the soccer field restrooms.
    0800 - Avera to Louisville - Meet at parking lot across from Avera Post Office.  NOTE - For the folks who may drive to this one, I'm not sure it's happening this week.  
    Thursday
    1800 - North Augusta Greenway.  Meet at the gravel parking lot near the auto roundabout near the golf course.
    Friday
    Saturday
    0800 - North Augusta Greenway.  Meet at the gravel parking lot near the auto roundabout near the golf course.
    Sunday
    0800 - North Augusta Greenway.  Meet at the gravel parking lot near the auto roundabout near the golf course.
  • Thank you for defining CSRA.  There are a lot of riders in Colorado and I thought CS stood for Colorado Springs.

That course sounds awesome, just too far away from me.  Have fun on your rides!
  • Heya!

Sorry if there was any confusion there.  But, since you are Florida Bound, perhaps you will stop in on your way through and join us for a ride.  We'd love to meet you.
  • I would have expected the Confederate Soldiers Reenacting Association to be up near my old home in Virginia.  I live about 5 miles from the Manassas battleground.  I did travel up to Gettysburg and it was awesome.  It's amazing the distance troops came to fight those battles.  They were from every corner of what now is the US.

I'm already down in Naples.  Maybe some day I can make a trip up there for a ride.
  • Heya!

We are planning to ride the New River Trail in Virginia from Galax on October 3 of this year.  Let me know if you are interested in coming along and I'll send you all the information I have.

Jim
  • That sounds awesome!  That's near the Blue Ridge Parkway and the trees will be turning.  But, I had vowed not to go back to Virginia unless my son decided to get married there.  He stayed in the DC area when I moved.

Here's a link about the trail if anyone else is interested. 
  • Riding Schedule for the week of September 21, 2015

Heya Everyone!

Just posting the riding schedule for the group for the week.  To make things easier (particularly for me) the schedule is the same as it was posted above for the week of September 14.

Keep pushing those pedals!
  • OK Folks!  I'm off to Michigan tomorrow.  Don't forget the New River Ride coming up this weekend!
  • Okay!  I've been a bit remiss in my postings.

The trip to TerraTrike was phenomenal!!  Lots of great information, new products, upgrades to their stock line, and much more.  Next year will be great.  The folks at TerraTrike were outstanding hosts and I would like to thank them all here for their efforts and attention to detail.  You guys are top drawer!

The New River Ride was great!  It was a bit chilly starting out but it warmed up nicely.  We didn't quite make our goal of Galax to the Shot Tower State Park, but it was a 40 mile trip.  If you've never done the New River Trail it's well worth the trip.  I haven't quite figured out how to add photos to this, but I've updated our new Facebook page, CSRA Triking - Your Pace or Mine.

Like us on Facebook!!

If any of you want to join in our rides, just let us know!  We would love the company.
  • sounds great ! im really jealous of you people that have great places to ride, and great people to ride with, we have a multi use trail here, its just a 5 mile circle, and the riders here are mostly people who lost their dl's
  • Heya kc!

Yeah, having a good place to ride does make triking a lot more fun.  The New River trip wasn't (unfortunately) in our back yard.  For us it was a 550 mile round trip just to get there.  But again, it was well worth it.  Where we do live is not really a cycle friendly area and there is only one bike shop (Chain Reaction in Evans, GA) that wants to help the group.  We do have the Augusta Canal but it's not maintained well and is loaded with potholes.  As you get to Augusta itself, the ruts are two to three feet deep.  But just across the Savannah River in North Augusta, SC, there is the Greenway.  It's a Rail to Trail that is just over 7 miles long.  We usually ride it two or three times just because it's just so darn much fun.

I don't know where you live, but please feel free to follow us and join in a ride if at all possible.  We usually do a Fall and a Spring ride.  The Spring ride is on the Silver Comet/Chief Ladiga trail that goes from Smyrna, GA to Anniston, AL.  Round trip is about 200 miles.

Howzat??

• well i live in southeast new mexico right on the texas line,  i have thought i might like to ride the trail of tears with the Cherokees, im Choctaw but they dont need to know that lol,   
  • Riding Schedule and Group Information

Well, it's been a few weeks since I've posted anything.  Mainly because there hasn't been that much going on.  But it's time to get cranking again!

Before we get into the schedule, the group now has a Facebook page.  I'll be using that to post photos and announcements and well as the weekly schedule.  I'm still looking for an app for it that will show a month calendar (you know... the one with the little squares versus the list offered by Facebook) so if any of you can find one that is still working, please let me know so I can get it on the page.  The address for the Facebook page is:

The photos for the New River trip are posted there.  As of this writing, we already have ONE LIKE!  Way to go!!

One thing to remember....  If you have a trike, your family will never be at a loss as to what to get you for Christmas.  Accessorize!!!

Week Schedule - Okay.  It's going to rain for the next few days.  So planning anything until it clears is kind of a moot issue.  Also, with it getting dark earlier, the Tuesday and Thursday evenings on the Greenway are no longer practical.  Maybe when the time changes it will improve to allow us to make one run.

So...

Monday - None Planned
    Tuesday - None Planned
    Wednesday - None Planned
    Thursday - 0800 - North Augusta Greenway - Meet at gravel parking lot near golf course.
    Friday - None Planned
    Saturday - 0800 - North Augusta Greenway - Meet at gravel parking lot near golf course.

Hopefully the weather will improve and allow us to get back on a more regular schedule.

Howzat??

Like us on Facebook!!  https://www.facebook.com/csratriking

• RIDES FOR THE WEEK

Heya Everyone!

The weekend ride went just fine in spite of the charity run that was being conducted on the Greenway.  From what I saw, participation in the run was minimal and I don't think we really saw more than 7 or 8 runners on the trail.  It was a bit chilly at first but warmed up as we rode.  But hey!  It's that time of year.

The weather this week looks like another stinker - although certainly not nearly as bad as Texas is getting it.  Looking at the 10 day forecast it doesn't look like there will be many miles put in, but I'm going to post the "normal" schedule anyway.  Hey!  Ya never know.

Tuesday - 40% chance of rain
    • 0800 - Greenway - Meet at gravel parking lot near the auto roundabout near the golf course.
    Wednesday - 50% chance of rain
    • 0800 - Avera to Lewisville - Meet across from Post Office in Avera.
    Thursday - 20% chance of rain
    • 0800 - Greenway - Meet at gravel parking lot near the auto roundabout near the golf course.
    Friday - 20% chance of rain
    • None Planned
    Saturday - 90% chance of rain
    Again, the schedule is weather dependent.  If it's raining, don't expect to see anyone riding.  I know I won't be. 

Other than that, nothing going on right now.  If you have anything going you wish to share, let me know and I'll post it.  Alternatively, you can post your announcement on Facebook.  CSRA Triking.

Howzat?
  • Hello Trikers!

Going to relax a bit on the schedules until after Thanksgiving.  So I just wanted to pop in and wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving.

See you in December.
  • Same to you!  

This will be the first time I get to spend Thanksgiving with siblings in about 30 years.  It should be an adventure!