Riding in Washington State

edited August 2012 in Washington
I'm new to recumbent trikes and am looking for persons to go riding with mid-week in Western Washington. Preferably old farts like me. I live on the Kitsap Peninsula, and I'm willing to travel to an extent. I'm available Tuesday - Wednesday, and Thursdays for short rides near by. Hope to hear from someone...

Comments

• Captlusk, I'm here in Tacoma with a new Rover and would be glad to try to meet up with you and do a ride. I' an old fart too, so don't try for any speed records. At this point trying to develop some good "bent" legs and pedaling technique. I prefer bike trails and try to avoid busy streets. I'm retired so am available on the days you indicated you could ride.

Send me an e-mail at "swdrld" at clearwire dot net. We'll see if we can hook up on a decent weather day (if we ever get one).
    Roland.
  • Roland,
    Just sent you an email.

Anyone else out there?
  • Debra and I live in Oak Harbor, we're not far. We ride a Rover Tandem, sometimes in the evenings during the week but usually saturdays and sundays. Would love to ride. This saturday we'll be hitting the Olympic discovery trail in Port Angeles, checking out the new areas to Lake Crescent. We're up to long rides on the weekends, sometimes shorter. Our contact information is on our blog http://tandemriding.blogspot.com, hit us up.
  • Thanks for the reply. I, unfortunately , am one of those lost souls with no social life because I work on weekends. Most all my riding takes place on Wednesday and Thursday . I mostly ride on the Olympic Discovery Trail. Contact me if you ever can ride during the week. I did see your Blog and could discern no contact info there. I'm sure it was operator error on my part.
  • Captain, have you checked out the new website feature: My Terratrike / Rider Map? Looks like it now has just one owner in your area that hasn't found you to post here. You can click on his name and your email client should open up with a new page already addressed to the owner. You just fill in your message and send. Great new feature!

Hopefully we'll have more and more folks put themselves on the map so we'll all be able to find others to ride with around where we live.
  • Hello. I am from Port Townsend. I have just ordered a TerraTrike Traveler and plan to keep it stored in the trunk of my VW Passat. I would love to start a Riders Group primarily for the Larry Scott and the Olympic Discovery Trail. I am 66yo and will be accompanied by my 4 yo Schnoodle named Jack.
  • I can be reached directly at mariemuma at gmail - Thanks.
  • We have nearly 20 terratrikes hear in Pomeroy on the Far East side of the state along hwy 12.
  • Hi I live in Olympia and do a lot of riding on the Chehalis Western trail.  Would enjoy company for rides.  I too am an old fart and retired so day of the week is somewhat irrelivant.
  • I am also a olyguy who rides the Chehalis Western.   Contact me on Facebook.   Richard Lindemann
  • I'm in Oak Harbor.....think I am picking up a used Cruiser tomorrow.....55YO and need some "conditioning".....yup....nice way to say I need to loose some weight. :)  May have to check out that OLY ride path some day.....but initially would like to stay a "wee bit" more local.

• Wow, I don't see any recent posts. I am receiving a new trike next week. Can't Waite. I know there are other riders out there and also looking to do some group rides. I will start riding the centennial trail from Arlington Wa. as I work for Arlington Velo Sport. We are a Terra Trike, and Catrike, Trek full service shop. I can ride usualy on Wednesday or Friday. Yes I too am one of those olyguy's. Can't take the bike seats and numb hands any more.
  • Anybody still active here? We've had our tandem pro for 4 years, riding out of Shelton on the Olympic Peninsula. We ride throughout the year, weather permitting. Drop a note here if interested to link up. BTW, we are planning a group ride through the tulip fields out of La Conner on April 17-18, 2019. Come join the fun.