Mesh seats

Anyone know the difference between
the two offered, besides the $20-$30
difference?

Comments

• I was sent Picts of both seats a few weeks ago. But they are now gone. Not
    close-ups either. So I could not tell
    the difference.
  • The more expensive one has foam supports in key areas.
  • Targeted for the larger folk?
  • The more expensive one is actually the default for the high-end Sportster. Same width as normal, ventilated mesh, but with side-support cushions in the lumbar regions, etc.

To see one just check out the Sportster models page and zoom in. Third image from the left in the "Gallery" link on the Sportster page gives a good look.
  • Sportster3.jpg

Pics bite some people ;)
  • It really looks like what I need---smile but now that it is almost time to order---they are out of stock of the x8
    sad,sad,sad.
  • ancient11 wrote: »
    It really looks like what I need---smile but now that it is almost time to order---they are out of stock of the x8
    sad,sad,sad.

Probably won't have to wait too long. They constantly get shipments. .
  • Great picture, thanks. I tried to zoom in on my phone and it went
    fuzzy bad. Couldn't make out any detail. Looks like mesh is only in center.
    Is it that way on both?
  • You might want to ask someone that has bought one for a photo. Although some people on this forum have issues with sharing links and photos. ;)
  • I'll take a picture of my mesh seat tomorrow and post it
  • The one seat in the "accessories " section looks like a standard Rover seat.
  • Right, the one sold online is like the normal seat, but a mesh material that breathes better. To get the one above, you have to call. It runs around $80 I believe, vice the $60 for the mesh one sold via the website.
  • Seen this on TT's facebook page:
    19553964_709212989266102_4830609417413358339_n.jpg?oh=cc7fd7c7862fe4515773b25c717f268c&oe=5A36932B
  • akkmszaqc1j2.jpg

Here's a picture of the weave and airflow in my mesh seat.
    seat.jpg 131.2K
  • Yup. Should be here tomorrow!! :)
  • Seat came today. Same width but is 3"
    Shorter than old seat. Is this thing going to stretch over time? Corp office
    is on lunch for an hour. The ends won't
    reach the tube tips to slide on.
  • Really pulled and got it to fit. Sore
    shoulders. It must stretch over time.
  • I really want to ride. 70% humidity here now. Guess that'll test the seat, right? :'( :*
  • Humidity dropped so I went 13 today. Drier. Had a poly/cotton shirt. Happy
    with this seat. :)
  • Only 70% humidity? That's a good day here.
  • How are those lumbar supports that are in the seat?
  • Didn't feel them as much when I use
    the Roho air cushion. Trike was in back
    porch when I installed the mesh seat. I did sit in it once installed. It felt nice. These supports are along the sides/rib
    area. A lumbar to me is in behind you.
  • Right. I didn't know what else to call them
  • I think they are meant to keep one
    centered.
  • They, actually, do both, helping with keeping one centered as well as providing a modest lumbar support. We find ours to be very comfortable, and we complete our rides with no back soreness of any kind. In fact, while I can't prove this medically, about a month ago, my back was "threatening" to go out and it was my perception that the rides helped reduce the tension in my lower back.
  • Now if we could just address the "bottom post digging bloody holes (literally) in my thighs" issue. Actually it's not the post itself, but the seat material bundling into a sharp point where it all comes together - directly under my fat thigh. Hard to address because the material covers the endpoints and thus more material is required, making the seams there very thick.

I knew they were "annoying" me, until one day I came home and my wife asked my what happened. "Why"? I asked. "Because both of your legs are bleeding"
  • Roho wheelchair air cushions
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    Now if we could just address the "bottom post digging bloody holes (literally) in my thighs" issue. Actually it's not the post itself, but the seat material bundling into a sharp point where it all comes together - directly under my fat thigh. Hard to address because the material covers the endpoints and thus more material is required, making the seams there very thick.

I knew they were "annoying" me, until one day I came home and my wife asked my what happened. "Why"? I asked. "Because both of your legs are bleeding"

03zmq46ostg7.jpg

Haven't tried it yet for lack of proper equipment. Use a punch to form a trench into the bar, or like you did - use a cushion.
  • from a BicycleMan review of the rambler:

. . . I find the Terratrike seat OK but not great for me comfort wise. If the customer trying one is wider of hip the side rails sometimes bite into their thighs. Our fix has been to tighten the under seat tension straps and insert a seat foam from an Ice trike to level the seat bottom out . . .