Prices

The prices listed on TT website are the same as a dealer's price?... or do the dealers mark them up?

Comments

• Those should be dealer prices.
  • The same, at least at the lbs I deal with.
  • Do the dealers charge for "fitting" or any of that stuff? The reason I'm asking is because I've spoken to a dealer about a new bike coming in from the factory and his price is 7 percent higher plus tax. Just wondering could be a misquote also. I'll know tomorrow
  • if you check websites of some of the larger dealers they all sell at listed price unless clearing demos. lbs here in florida has stayed at terratrike posted prices for 5 year so far.
  • Some dealers will charge extra. Although we discourage it they can add to the cost to cover expenses (shipping, assembly, etc.)

However, dealers are NOT allowed to discount the prices. We have a protected MSRP because we want to have an even playing field for our customers and not have dealers undercutting and selling into other territories.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • Nor can they sell modified trikes . . . .
  • edited August 2017
    putting a deraileur post on a rover was one thing. kinda rare keeping generic but there are a few outfits offering trikes in non-standard format - hostel shoppe was selling ramblers with nexus-8 and patterson cranks installed. right now you can order a rover through industrial bicycles as a 3-speed or with 24-inch wheels and a lot of the terratrike accessories if their web posting is correct.

i might be naive expecting dealers to promote upgrades to suit rider needs - maybe a sticker-shock issue?
  • Thanks for the information. You folks seem to do a fine job of running a company that someone is anxious do do business with. I'm looking forward to riding my very own Terra Trike.
  • Utah offering a lime green Rover..
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    Nor can they sell modified trikes . . . .

Not entirely true.
    Modifications will void the warranty (depending on the mod).
    Obviously component changes are no issue.
    And technically a dealer CAN sell a TerraTrike for below MSRP.
    They just won't be a dealer for us anymore ;)
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Penn cycle in Minneapolis charges an addition $ 99 to cover shipping from the plant.Sounds strange.
  • Much better to drive to Grand Rapids
  • probably 800 miles away.

• there are 8 other terratrike dealers in minnesota to choose from. a nice trip from minnespolis for some serious test rides at a rare kinda candy store, about half-way to grand rapids, has

2017 Rover External 8spd with Short Cranks $1225
    2017 Rover External 8spd with Wide Seat and Bars $1449
    Hase - 2017 Kettwiesel STEPS $5995 [was $7443]

and other exotic creatures: https://hostelshoppe.com/
  • edited August 2017
    Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    Much better to drive to Grand Rapids

Be aware that we no longer have a retail store. Our dealer up the road does that for us now.

But you are always welcome to stop in, get a tour and try out whatever we have available.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• @Chonk I think that's half the problem - No dealer I've been to ever seems to have more than one model in house.
  • Holland's West Mi Bike & Fitness always has had several. Has more in boxes in basement if one sells. Could be that being an hour from corporate
    has something to do with it.
    @Chonk I think that's half the problem - No dealer I've been to ever seems to have more than one model in house.

Sales are just not there for dealers like they are for bicycles. We have five bike shops in Traverse City and each carries a specific rand, Trek, Specialized, Fuji etc. The each have possibly 50 to100 of each in a mix of models on their floor for sale plus whatever in the back room/warehouse.
    @Chonk I think that's half the problem - No dealer I've been to ever seems to have more than one model in house.

Well part of their dealer agreement is that they have at least 3 models on the floor at all times ;)
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• TCEd wrote: »
    Sales are just not there for dealers like they are for bicycles. We have five bike shops in Traverse City and each carries a specific rand, Trek, Specialized, Fuji etc. The each have possibly 50 to100 of each in a mix of models on their floor for sale plus whatever in the back room/warehouse.

Also not entirely true.
    In some cases TerraTrikes are outselling regular bikes. The margins are also better than uprights as well. So the R.O.I. is much better. They are more profitable selling trikes than uprights in most cases. The rub is that most I.B.D. owners are not businessmen and don't have the "buy" dollars because big brands like Trek force them to buy large quantities of bikes that either they cant sell or become obsolete quickly.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• American Cycle and Fitness - ONE on the floor at any one time. One location had a Rover, another had a Rambler.

I wish SE MI had a place like that recumbent shop in Oregon - nothing but trikes from what I saw in pictures. Heck, if I had startup money I'd open one myself!
  • Brick has 3 of another brand
    Mclain has 3 outside
    City Bike Shop none
    Einstein none
    GT none
  • I feel lucky to live in Tucson with Ajo Bikes when I bought my Rovers last yearthey had
  • at least 3 rovers 2Ext8 that I bought a Nuvenci two Ramblers a traveler and a sportster
  • @TCEd are those all up in Traverse City?
  • Lucky you, to have so many.