pedal size?

Where can I find the pedal size for my rambler? Meaning the size going into the crank. I want to say 9/16 but I would feel better ordering a foot platform knowing the size.
"Lead, don't follow. The best a follower can do is second"

• ALL three piece cranks are 9/16 X 20 threads per inch size. All "one piece"/Ashtabula, /"cheaper bike cranks" are 1/2 X 20 threads per inch. Remember there is a "left and a right" pedal they are NOT interchangeable. The left side pedal (as you sit on the bike) is a left hand thread; i.e. "backwards" thread.
  • Thank you for the information.
    "Lead, don't follow. The best a follower can do is second"
  • Make sure when you loosen the left pedal, that you turn it the correct way to loosen it. Some people turn it in the same direction as the right pedal, apply a great deal of force trying to "break it loose" and get it so tight, they can never get it off. No matter which pedal, turn it towards the rear of the bike to loosen. Remember, the left pedal spindle is reverse threaded, so turn clockwise to remove the pedal when facing the crank arm. The right side is normal, so turn it anti-clockwise to loosen it.
  • Haven't you been told, "size doesn't matter"? Oh wait, that's a different forum.
  • Alaska. Texas.
  • "Cheaper bike cranks" are NOT always 1/2".
    For example, I bought my SunRace 22/32/42 to replace my Shimano Altus 22/32/42 simply because the SunRace had a bash guard. BOTH are "cheap" crank sets, perhaps < $25 for either of them. And they are completely standard 9/16 x 20 pedal holes and made for standard square taper Bottom Brackets.

P.S. If anyone in MI wants my Shimano Altus 22/32/42 crankset, with perhaps 200 miles on it, let me know.
    I also have standard Rover handlebars, Power Grip pedals, and Heel Strap pedals available. Oh, and the original 32T crankset for the Rover as well.