Alignment problems with the Traveler?

any truth to the rumor of frequent Alignment problems with the Traveler?
Thanks/

Comments

• edited August 2017
    There was an issue with the tie rod more than a year ago. The problem was incorrect tightening when built leading to sloppiness in the steering and tires being worn out. The new models have that issue resolved with a new tie rod design. If you have an older one, just be sure the tie rod is tight and you should be fine.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • I don't know if I have the newer or the older tie rod design. I bought my traveler last fall, it has the quick release pins that hold the tie rod in, but the videos showing how to fold the trike have a different tie rod. Mine is hard to remove.
  • Try turning opposite wheel while the tie rod is unhooked from one side. Sounds like you have the new tie rod. I had problems unhooking my wife's the first few times. Chad at Spin Bicycle Shop in Lansing Michigan (authorized TerraTrike dealer) demonstrated the trick I mentioned above. After a couple of attempts, I found one side was much easier to remove- not sure why. Now I always remove the easy side first and turn the opposite wheel slightly to release the other side. If that doesn't work, have a TT dealer demonstrate their best way to remove tie rod. Good luck!
  • I recently purchased a Traveler, and the first month of riding daily 6-8 miles the front tires where completely bare with the rubber layers beneath showing through. Being new to trikes I contacted Terra and they suggested my bike was not aligned. I contacted my dealer and they didn't think that was the problem but I took it in and they did find out that the nut on the front tie bar was loose and the bike was not aligned at all. They replaced the tires and I immediately noticed the difference before I was averaging around 4 miles per hour now its around 8-11 mph.
  • Tires are wearing again, I supposedly have a newer model, Dealer doesn't return calls. Purchased May 28th 2018 on 2nd set of tires need a third set. Not sure what to do.
  • Call TerraTrike
  • I Have, they are working with me to resolve the issue, thanks for the advice, I guess I was just looking for someone who might had a had a similar issues and how they resolved it.