New Rover and Ford Escape

Ok, so I've had the Rover for ten days and decided to explore the possibility of transporting it in my '17 Escape. Visually, it looks darn near impossible. Any tips for what to "collapse" or remove on the Rover (mirrors, seat, etc.) that might make this work? Rear seats will be folded flat, of course, and the trike has been adjusted for my fit which is short. Seems like my challenge is more height than length.

I should mention that I'm maneuvering this myself with not a great deal of upper body strength.

Comments

• I transport my Rambler in the back of my Honda Fit with room to spare.

The front passenger seat is slid forward as much as it will go, the front passenger seat back is tilted forward as far as it will go.

The rear seats are folded down.

Lift the rear wheel up into the back of the vehicle, protecting any painted parts with a Harbor Freight moving blanket.

Stand to the right of the crank and grab that part of the frame that the crank attaches to with the left hand, and the wheel with the right hand.

Lift the front end of the trike and roll it in until the rear wheel comes to rest against the back of the passenger seat back.

Works for me. Photo below.

xau6onzgvsxi.png
  • I haul a catrike expedition in the back of our 04 jeep grand cherokee. I also haul my wifes terratrike rover on a modified harbor freight hitch mounted cargo carrior. So,do you have a hitch on this car? If you do, e-mail me drb2873@gmail.com and I will send you a picture of the carrior on the jeep so you can make one. It's real easy!
  • Whoa! This is amazing! But your hatch height looks taller than mine. I'm trying it anyway.
  • edited August 2017
    Ok, so I've had the Rover for ten days and decided to explore the possibility of transporting it in my '17 Escape. Visually, it looks darn near impossible. Any tips for what to "collapse" or remove on the Rover (mirrors, seat, etc.) that might make this work? Rear seats will be folded flat, of course, and the trike has been adjusted for my fit which is short. Seems like my challenge is more height than length.

I should mention that I'm maneuvering this myself with not a great deal of upper body strength.

I easily fit my Rover in my Toyota Matrix. Just fold the seat to it's lowest setting, and it rolls right in.
  • Mine fit in my '10 Escape until I put 24" wheels on it. Are the newer models that much smaller?

Put it in facing forward and one pedal goes in front of the right passenger seat and one goes behind the drivers seat. If you don't have the height, take the pins out of the seat supports. It will rest on the back tire.

I was even able to put mine in rear first with the tire on the console but I think the seat and the new handlebars will both be too high now.
  • If you pull the granade pins on the seat, you can separate the tubes and flip the seat forward over the boom. That should make the handle bars the tallest part and lifting the rear causes them to dip if needed. I fit a Sportster into a Honda Insight doing that.