Have You Tried the New Versa Bag?

This is now in the accessory store. I don't have Versa Bars but thought this could attach to my extended handlebar poles. My question is will the bag slide down the handlebar column? Don't the Versa Bars have little poles that stick out? My handlebars don't. It would be great to have everything so convenient. Reaching the bag attached to my frame is difficult. I have to stop and change my seating position or get off the trike to open it.

What do you think of this new bag?

Comments

• I have one and don’t use it as it does not stay in place on the versa bars. I doubt it would work on handlebars.
  • Are you attaching it correctly? It mounts via velcro on the top and side and shouldn't move at all.

x1zpcwq4j744.png

Saildogs wrote: »
    I have one and don’t use it as it does not stay in place on the versa bars. I doubt it would work on handlebars.

Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • You might try the EZ Reach Bag instead.
    Better mounting options.
    This is now in the accessory store. I don't have Versa Bars but thought this could attach to my extended handlebar poles. My question is will the bag slide down the handlebar column? Don't the Versa Bars have little poles that stick out? My handlebars don't. It would be great to have everything so convenient. Reaching the bag attached to my frame is difficult. I have to stop and change my seating position or get off the trike to open it.

What do you think of this new bag?

Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • Two issues with that versa bag. 1) It relies on the water bottle mounting bolts to help keep it in place. Not horrible, but just an obvious thing. 2) If you have your versa bars tilted outwards over the tire, as I do to ensure leg room for fat legs, then obviously the bag would rest/rub on the tire. Not really what you want.

I'm considering drilling and tapping a water bottle mount up closer to my crotch, where I can then mount a small post and attach a bag (like the EZ Reach) to it, thus having a small bag for important "while I'm moving" stuff available without having to attempt to bend over past my belly to reach between my feet, or between my moving legs, or behind my back, etc.

A lot of these accessory solutions for "access while you ride" just don't work for those of us with blubber. Reaching past a belly; reaching between our legs; reaching just about anywhere is simply not an option when your own body is in the way.

Yes, it's our own fault. I'm not making excuses. I'm simply saying that obesity often isn't a design consideration (or at least not apparently) when these things are designed.

</end of rant>
  • Thanks Chonk! I will give that a try. Pictures are good for showing me how to correctly use the bag.