Good review of latest Terratrike Model Gran Tourismo .

Comments

• I can't wait to test ride one. I am planning on attending Recumbent Cycle Con 2017 October 7 - 8 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo. TerraTrike as well as every other trike manufacturer will be there. There is both a wonderful test track there and a great longer trail that runs from the convention center to downtown Philly. Anyone thinking about attending?
  • We should have 2 Gran Tourismos to test ride there
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • Hey Chonk,

When will your catalogue begin to show the rack adapters and fender sets for the GT. I'm hunting for a replacement for my Gekko FX 20.

Thanks,

Bill
  • In production. Should be here soon.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • edited September 2017
    I test rode one of these in Siloam Springs. Not bad. I don't have any experience with Terratrike, but it was a nice ride. I liked the way the handlebars were.

I do wonder are the 24" tires hard to find?
  • I test rode one of these in Siloam Springs. Not bad. I don't have any experience with Terratrike, but it was a nice ride. I liked the way the handlebars were.

I do wonder are the 24" tires hard to find?

No, they are easily found, Schwabe has a few different models.
  • chonk wrote: »
    In production. Should be here soon.

Thanks Chonk. Do any of the folks in the shop have experience with hub dynamos on TerraTrikes?

Thanks again,

Bill
  • chonk wrote: »
    We should have 2 Gran Tourismos to test ride there

• I was able to test ride a Gran Tourismo last Friday at my local TT dealer. I have owned a Path 8 for over 5 years and like the low seat height and indirect steering of the Path. Having ridden my wife's Rambler, I honestly don't care for the taller seat height or the direct steering, finding it rather stiff.

That being said, I was quite impressed with the overall feel and quickness of the Gran Tourismo. The trigger shifting was more precise than the twist shifters on both my Path and my wife's Rambler, both of which have S/A 8 speed internally geared hubs. The steering was as nimble as my Path and required little effort to turn. The bushing/bearing setup seems to be a vast improvement from my wife's Rambler's bushings. I want her to test ride a GT to see what her opinion would be.

As far as the seat heat, while roughly 6" taller the the Path's 9.5", I could get used to sitting taller on this trike. I rode the X20 (20 speed) version, because that's what was available, and for the extra money, 4 additional speeds and better quality components, it's the version I would want.