ANYONE USING THE UTAH TRIKES STEERING ADJUSTMENT PLATE?

Any Path owners or those who have linked steering on their trikes have the Utah Trikes steering adjustment plate installed? I'm looking for one for my Path and Utah Trikes stopped carrying TT products some years ago. Want to sell yours?

I would actually settle for photos and dimensions so I could fabricate my own if unable to buy one. Anyone able to assist me?

Thanks,

Gary

Comments

• If you haven't done so already, I suggest you call Utah Trikes and ask them if they have any info on the dimensions and perhaps a photo as you suggest. Best of luck Gary.
  • Contacted Utah Trikes before I posted here asking if they might have one in stock or the drawing so I could make one. They responded within an hour stating they had none in stock and no longer had the drawing.
  • There is a video on YouTube from Utah Trikes and their no longer offered plate. If you get to the section where they are installing the plate you can probably infer the measurements by eyeballing the size of the install hardware. the biggie are the new wider spread holes. They are on a radius from the steering pivot, thru the original mounting holes. The further out on the radii the quicker the steering. Draw a plate on cardboard with the holes and compare it to the video. You could even make a prototype out of some 1/8" masonite or some stiff flat material, install it with the wheels free and see if you like the results.
  • Someone on the BentRider.com forums stated that TT now offers this steering plate. Contacted TT and they confirmed that they do stock the plate, $29.95.
  • Nice to get things from TT. I think Bentriders mentioned that the Tour ii had the plate as an option and I believe one of the earlier TT models had a steering plate with both hole sets, one marked "touring" and I forget the other but I am sure it was quicker steering.
  • mrbill5 wrote: »
    Nice to get things from TT. I think Bentriders mentioned that the Tour ii had the plate as an option and I believe one of the earlier TT models had a steering plate with both hole sets, one marked "touring" and I forget the other but I am sure it was quicker steering.

Whizzwheels 3.21 manual, page 6. Touring set of holes and commuting set of holes.