What do the trikes need for Christmas

Need/hope for a nuclear free world,
compressed air cars from France (not
just in Hawaii) and just one mile of heated bike path. Not much really...

Comments

• Suppose to be “Trikers” in title. Sorry :/
  • Finalization of the new trail from Traverse City to Charlevioux, Mi.

• Some more trails in my area. The only one is 25 miles away and I'm not sure it would be safe for me to ride it alone.
    No tax reform that only helps the rich so I can actually get the Medicare and Social Security I paid for for 40 years. If I hear one more politician lie on TV, I'll scream!
    A dry winter so my dog and I can ride often.
  • TCed-does the path replace the train tracks that parallels US-31? That will
    make for a noisy ride. Better have music in your ears to make it ( but that’s just me )
  • The path will mostly be on the state right of way so yes sorta along 31. There isn't enough private right of way available. It will still be a great connection.
    Ed
  • We tried the path from Charlevoix toward Harbor Springs this past season. It was loud next to the road. Wasn’t comfortable being there.
  • Whirled Peas ;)
  • Had to look that one up. ;)
  • edited December 2017
    Finn59 wrote: »
    We tried the path from Charlevoix toward Harbor Springs this past season. It was loud next to the road. Wasn’t comfortable being there.

Yes, there are parts of that trail that run alongside or near the road buy there are also parts that run along some beautiful coastline.
    Most trails are built on old railroad right of way or state land, no one owns enough land to create a privately owned and accessable trail of any significant length.
    Remember that " Michigan is the #1 Trails State in the nation with more than 2,700 miles of rail-trails alone, and those miles of trails continue to grow. ".
  • Heck, I'm anxiously awaiting completion of the Iron Belle trail - from Toledo up to and around the UP. I'll need a full month vacation to do it and come back down state.

Probably also need an EVO and a massive solar panel as a sunroof/cover.
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    Heck, I'm anxiously awaiting completion of the Iron Belle trail - from Toledo up to and around the UP. I'll need a full month vacation to do it and come back down state.

Probably also need an EVO and a massive solar panel as a sunroof/cover.

and knobby tires
  • E-assist for my wife's trike. She struggles on some hills. Iron Ore Heritage and Sleeping Bear Heritage trails for example. :-)
  • E-assist for my wife's trike. She struggles on some hills. Iron Ore Heritage and Sleeping Bear Heritage trails for example. :-)

Heritage does have a couple grades. Seems easier riding from north to south.
    uamh5ipcr3po.jpg
    slo1.jpg 275.8K
  • edited December 2017
    In spite of the hills on the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail it is well worth the effort. It is one of Michigan's beautiful trail gems.
  • In spite of the hills on the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail it is well worth the effort. It is one of Michigan's beautiful trail gems.

It is a very nice ride. A beautiful side trip off the trail is on the road through the old farms at Port Onida. You exit the trail just north of the Olsen Farm by the schoolhouse. You can ride on the park road to the Pyramid Point parking lot and walk up to the overlook. A real challenge is to ride the Pierce Stocking loop, hills and more hills.
    ed