Cyber Monday

Before the internet gets overloaded due to Cyber Monday, I decided to post. It will hit 70 again today and I'm going riding. I understand a heat wave will hit the northern states so take a day off and get out and enjoy the weather on your trike. Besides, I'm tired of watching commercials about the Alabama senate election! Have you heard of Roy Moore?

If you are shopping online, don't forget the 25% discount on TT accessory purchases! Can't wait for my purchase to arrive!

Comments

  • What did ya get? I splurged on padded mesh seats.
  • Me too and I bought another flag. They are great for visibility.
  • It was 65 here is SW Illinois yesterday. Went for a 26 mile ride. Did not take my trike, rode my recumbent bike. Probably will ride again today if time permits since we have another 65 degree forecast.

    On cyber Monday I ordered two of the foam seat inserts for our Rover tandem, and a pair of TT socks.
    John Werner
    Rover Tandem
  • I installed the new padded seat cover. I may not have it tightened correctly but I did not find it more comfortable than the old one. My old one had some serious tears so it was going to fail soon. I'll do some adjustments and see how that works.
  • I wonder if the new TT seat frame is easily adaptable to the older TT trikes and how much TT would charge just the seat frame?
  • Yeah, I really love the slight downturn at the front - preventing the issues us fat boys had with getting holes dug into our legs. Gotta get one for the Rover, but of course then you have to wonder if the mesh seat I laid out money for will fit it. Decisions, decisions.
  • Unfortunately the new seat frame will not work on older models. The new seat uses a fixed seat mount that is only on the newer models. Sorry :(
    image
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • chonk wrote: »
    Unfortunately the new seat frame will not work on older models. The new seat uses a fixed seat mount that is only on the newer models. Sorry :(

    Rats.
  • Yeah completely different design and engineering. Sorry.
    image
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • It's a hard decision for any company to make - do we make this desired change, or try to stay with something that all our accessories fit on.
    Kind of like MS switching to pure 64 bit - you know a lot of customers who depend on some key 32 bit app are going to get hurt, but you really have to make the move and drop the 32 bit.

    I'm glad TT made the decision to improve the seat - even if I cannot benefit from it.
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    It's a hard decision for any company to make - do we make this desired change, or try to stay with something that all our accessories fit on.
    Kind of like MS switching to pure 64 bit - you know a lot of customers who depend on some key 32 bit app are going to get hurt, but you really have to make the move and drop the 32 bit.

    I'm glad TT made the decision to improve the seat - even if I cannot benefit from it.
    Not a good analogy since 32-bit applications run fine on Windows 64-bit OS. You cannot use 16-bit applications on 64-bit OS.

    John Werner
    Rover Tandem
  • Picky picky! (and no, I work in a group responsible for most endpoint apps and lots of 32 bit apps can't work in W7, 8, or 10)
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    Picky picky! (and no, I work in a group responsible for most endpoint apps and lots of 32 bit apps can't work in W7, 8, or 10)
    Most do work. There are a few obscure ones that may now work. I was the IT director for one of the largest accounting firms in StL for 15 years (retired in 2015). When we made the switch from XP 32-bit to Win 7 64-bit we did extensive research to make sure our 32-bit accounting applications such as GoSystems and ProSystems would be compatible since we had hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in them. They were all compatible as were major 32-bit applications such as Office, Acrobat, etc.

    Not being picky. Just want people to know that more than likely the application will work on 64-bit Windows. Easy enough to find out, just check with the company that developed the application.

    27297300689_e7428d4a96_o.png


    John Werner
    Rover Tandem
  • I hear you. Our issues are usually with home grown apps whose authors have long since retired and/or with source code lost in space.
Sign In or Register to comment.