Trike rack

Has anyone personally seen or own an Easy Load Tray rack from Bendit cycle.It has 2 ramps for loading and an option to buy a third ramp. They are pretty expensive so I'm just wondering if anybody knows more about them. Not a lot of info on site. As always thanks for everyone's help and advice for this novice.

Comments

• If u want to walk your Trike up into the bed of a truck by lifting the rear tire, check out Harbor Freight for ramps. What do u drive? Where do u live?
  • I use an old E150 van. I just took a 1"x6"x6' piece of wood and drilled into the end, then put a huge "wall hanger for bike" threaded half-loop into the end. You've seen them, all covered with a red rubber coating and sold so you can hang your bike upside down by the tires in a garage. They also sell them for hanging ladders horizontally on the garage wall.
    Then, when I open the back doors, I just hook that onto the metal door closure loop on the floor that's between the doors (the top end of the wood rests on the top of the bumper). Makes a perfect ramp up into the van.
  • Question was for Southpaw. The newbie. Sorry to confuse. No caffeine yet this am. Something is making my knee throb though.
  • If you travel to distant lands, you want the Trike n bike out of sight. Like staying at the local Hilton overnight where your transport is out of sight. You don’t want them hanging out on a carrier.
  • Overnight at a hotel out on the external carrier is a recipe for losing a few thousand $ fast.
  • Southpaw148-$60 for ramps @harbor freight. 9”x72” Steel. 1000 capacity. In a sale flyer I received today.
  • I have a buick suv it's to high for me to lift bike into. Was looking at the ones built using harbor freight carrier. Looks good. Just wondering how high i would have to lift bike. Sorry to be a wus. Just balance isn't what it used to be
  • Tried neighbors aluminium 8 ft ramps. They were heavy and awkward and bike had too much momentum coming down. So I figured some type of rack would be lower than the back of the large SUV still might need something to act as a ramp though.
  • Finn 59 I live in Florida near tampa
  • Southpaw, it is hard to get a trike in the back of an SUV. If you put it in forward, it's hard to balance. Backwards, the pedals hit the ground while you are lifting it. Ramps would be your best option. A few years go I saw some thin ones made to roll a bike up on the roof. They would work for inside the car also. Sorry, I didn't save the link. But, I might have posted it on here.
  • The man who posted here built his from a Home Depot rack then added “L” aluminum to it. Great rack but still lifting the whole trike. I am going to make another like my first so she has one and I have one. I just have to lift the front tires into the channels then walk it on. No lifting the entire trike at once. My back is not the greatest anymore.
  • Southpaw148-what do you have for a hitch on the Buick? So you are planning to take Trike off rack after each outing and store it inside??
  • I have a 2" receiver . Yes I was planning on taking it off to store. It can rain a lot here. I am going to take a second maybe 3rd and 4th look at yours.
  • Finn 59 can't seem to find a picture of your rack. Did i confuse yours with someone else.
  • This is mine. 1 3/4” channel on top of 2”
    steel tube that runs into the hitch receiver.
  • More images under “Rack I Built” towards the bottoms of this first page.
  • Finn59 wrote: »
    The man who posted here built his from a Home Depot rack then added “L” aluminum to it. Great rack but still lifting the whole trike. I am going to make another like my first so she has one and I have one. I just have to lift the front tires into the channels then walk it on. No lifting the entire trike at once. My back is not the greatest anymore.

I'm the guy that made mine from a Curt aluminum rack from Home Depot. I do NOT life the whole trike onto the rack. I only lift half at a time. I lift the back wheel onto the rack; wheel it back and then lift the front wheels by the boom onto the rack.wrdeiqw9qqxw.png
  • Finn59 wrote: »
    The man who posted here built his from a Home Depot rack then added “L” aluminum to it. Great rack but still lifting the whole trike. I am going to make another like my first so she has one and I have one. I just have to lift the front tires into the channels then walk it on. No lifting the entire trike at once. My back is not the greatest anymore.

I'm the guy that made mine from a Curt aluminum rack from Home Depot. I do NOT life the whole trike onto the rack. I only lift half at a time. I lift the back wheel onto the rack; wheel it back and then lift the front wheels by the boom onto the rack.wrdeiqw9qqxw.png
  • Sorry. I just priced steel and aluminum tubing at a local steel company. $80. He said steel is high now. Goes up and down. One other company to try.
  • It was real easy to make and it weighs nothing, the rack was $97.00, and the aluminum angles were dirt cheap delivered from http://www.onlinemetals.com/. Then a minimal $$ for the bolts, nuts washers. I use two slip thru tiedown straps {anhttps://www.harborfreight.com/set-of-2-1-inch-x-12-ft-lashing-straps-67386.htmld }; and one { https://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb-capacity-6-ft-x-1-in-heavy-duty-cam-buckle-tie-downs-4-pc-60761.html} to tie the tricke to the rack. Because my car hitch is under the rear bumper and is a "Hidden Hitch" I needed aan extension for the hitch from U-Haul. In the end it was little work and wighs nothing I an take it off/on my car easily. I made it "offset' so I could open the trunk lid while my trike is on the rack. Best wishes.