50 miler today

edited August 2011 in Rover
Going to try a 50 mile ride today. Should be hot on the way back, they forecast a high of 95, but it is supposed to be windy too ( 15 mph), and on the way back it will be a tailwind.

Comments

• Yeah - Bob,

Good Luck!!!!

Caryl
  • I hope you enjoy yourself and don't get over-heated. My max to date is 28 miles...
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • Well I got out about 20 miles on my ride today, and looked down at my PlanetBike Computer 9.0 wireless to see my distance, and the computer was gone :o :o . Now I really like the PB 9.0 cause it has a temperature function, but what sucks about it is the stupid mount that it attaches to. There are no buttons on it, so to change modes you push the entire computer towards the front of the bike. If you do this to hard, however, that detaches the computer from the mount. Also when I carry the trike into the house on it's side sometimes, I hit the computer and it falls off the mount. Well I must have hit a bump or something, and it fell off, because I did zero it out at the start of the ride so I know I had it intially. That is the last time I remember seeing it.

So now I make a U-turn and start riding back looking for the **#$ damn computer...No luck finding it, so I go to Performance bike on the way home and buy a wired model ( Cateye Enduro 8 ) which is on sale and which has all the functions I need minus the temperature...I mount everything, and when I go to put the sensor on the bracket from Terratrike, I can't get the sensor close to the wheel magnet. So now I take a wrench and try to "carefully" bend the Terratrike mounting bracket a bit, to get the sensor closer to the magnet, and "snap" goes the bracket ( I was afraid of that, and proved myself correct. So I finally figured a way to wire tie the pickup on the brake mount, and successfully installed it without the usual Terratrike bracket.

Programming the Cateye is not as easy as the Planetbike, and after several tries I got it figured out. ( reading the directions rather than looking at the pictorial instructions made it a bit easier). The display is nice and big and now I don't have to worry about it falling off the Rover anymore... ;)

Anyway, despite the ride today costing me $26 ( for the new computer) it was still worth it.
  • I hate when that happens, Bob!

This summer while up in Canada, 7 miles into a 30 miler, my nephew discovers he lost his wallet :shock: :?

It was lost somewhere in a 2 mile stretch we had just completed - GONE - we rode around for hours trying to find it with no avail...

We finally just turned around and headed back. He lost $500. (dumb kid) :o

Caryl
  • Wow Bob, you made a really quick recovery glad you found a replacement. Did your 50 mile trip take more like 80 miles today? :)
  • ATL wrote:
    Wow Bob, you made a really quick recovery glad you found a replacement. Did your 50 mile trip take more like 80 miles today? :)

Actually at 20, I back tracked, and probably wound up with around 40 something. Don't know obviously cause I didn't have a computer anymore.
  • I did my longest ride today for Relay for Life, 38 miles. Since July I have put 650 miles on my Rover and lost 30 pounds.
    :D
    8000 miles and counting...
  • KeinoDoggy wrote:
    I did my longest ride today for Relay for Life, 38 miles. Since July I have put 650 miles on my Rover and lost 30 pounds.

That's great.. Keep it up.....
  • KeinoDoggy wrote:
    I did my longest ride today for Relay for Life, 38 miles. Since July I have put 650 miles on my Rover and lost 30 pounds.

That is great - Congratulations!!!
  • Well got on the Silver Comet again today with new Cateye computer. Started riding and "wow", I am doing 15 mph on a flat and feel like I am not even pedaling hard. Old computer must have been NG. I am riding along and seeing speeds of 17-19 mph still on level ground, and thinking, this can't be real...... All of a sudden, I remember that the computer has 2 tire size modes, and the default which is the second size is a 26" wheel. : Obviously, I am tire # 2 size, which I see I am when looking at the display.

( Oh well, now I don't have the instruction sheet with me and have to figure out how to put the correct size in for a 20 X 1.75 tire without wiping out all the other data........ Much button pushing, displays flashings, etc... and I finally got it. Back to my slow poke speeds,,,,,, ;) Oh well, reality is always a drag. Rest of ride went great, and the computer mph is much easier to read than the Planet Bike was...... Great ride!!!! BTW, the trail was packed, and saw some bents and trikes along the way.