Rover for the 400+

2»

Comments

• A secret. The very first Rover I looked at, left me very under-whelmed! I did not think I would be comfortable, and to me as well, the steering felt tight.

I bet, they did not have the steering arms adjusted all the way out, nor did you take the time to adjust and try the seat-back in multiple positions.

As I do not know your size compared to me, I cant say for sure that it would fit you. I did give you my measurements, and the one thing I did was reroute all the cables so I would not bend them. Have you looked at all my photos yet?

I have never tried a Sidewinder. So I have no idea if it would work better or not.

If I may say, you need to do something, and losing the first 30lbs is nothing for folks like me and you.

Walking, jogging, and swimming are out for us, so that leaves riding, or sitting on the couch and slowly dying. I made my choice, now you must make yours. Lastly, while riding, you rarely turn very sharply. Keep that in mind...
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • I agree. I bought mine direct as well as I did not care for the closest dealer. You have my email, want my cell so we can chat? Easier than back and forth on the forum...
    ---
    Peter_C

---
  • Well I started a nutrition plan last week. the guy at the store really tried selling me another trike put it had this tiny front wheel that if I moved the bars just a tiny bit felt like I was going to crash. I never got to pedal the rover I sat on it and was like wow this is set up for some one 4 ' tall so then he put the seat all the way back and but then I couldn't actaly sit in it . Younknow what would help is if I had the measurement for inside the steering bars with the mods because that's something I can measure.
  • I found at the narrowest point on my Rover between the steering arms, I have 23.5 inches. This does *not* include the 'end-cap'. TT has some modified arms where they cut it off just below the 'end-cap' and added a straight bar-end, this removes the piece that I have circled, but also lowers the 'grip' area by about an inch as well.

steering_arm_numbers.jpg
    ---
    Peter_C

---
  • Thanks that will give me something to work with numbers wise
  • Metalpnx,

Hi. I got my rover last month and at the time I got it<bought direct from TT Stock trike> I weighed 425. I now weigh 386, I was a tad concerned about the seat and the mount and decided to go with it anyhow. I figured that if it broke I could always build up one from wood and pad it since the mount isa simple slider mount. I found it to be no issue what so ever. There were two problems at first one being the handle bars were too close together, then I realised they were totaly adjustable and now they are fine. Second was getting up off the trike, this really proved no issue either just took a bit of thinking and I carried two aluminum canes at first till I lost some weight. I am as I said earlier currently 386 and 6'2" so I just had it set up for max leg legnth. came in abox wieghs about 90 pounds so not too hard to lift and move all set up aside from seat adjustment...rode it almost straight out of the box. Take the plunge Brother you will not regret it.
  • thanks for the input I have a feeling if I got the trike I could get things adjusted and make it work I felt like the boom needed to be adjusted for me to fit it but the shop wasn't going to do that. So do you have the boom all the way forward and the seat all the way back?
  • metalpnx wrote:
    thanks for the input I have a feeling if I got the trike I could get things adjusted and make it work I felt like the boom needed to be adjusted for me to fit it but the shop wasn't going to do that. So do you have the boom all the way forward and the seat all the way back?

In the owners manual they have the boom settings for the different X-seam measurements of the rider. You first set the boom in that position, which when the seat is properly adjusted, will get the center of gravity of the trike in the right place. Then you adjust the seat, so that while pedaling, at the farthest point of the pedal, you knee should still have a slight bend in it ( recommended is 15 degrees). To ball park the boom position, before trying to ride, adjust the seat, so that your heels, when your legs are fully extended, just brush the pedals.

http://terratrike.com/media/documents/N ... Manual.pdf ( Pager 9 in the manual. )