My path8

edited September 2012 in Legacy Products
So far I have just over 1200 miles on my paht8. I have enjoyed riding it very much. A few additions have been made, like speedo,lights of course. I built a trailor hitch & a trailor to haul whatever I need to. I've also changed the front crank to a 3 sproket changing my path8 to a path24. Most of my new gears are lower; which allows for greater hill climbing.

Comments

• path69 wrote:
    So far I have just over 1200 miles on my paht8. I have enjoyed riding it very much. A few additions have been made, like speedo,lights of course. I built a trailor hitch & a trailor to haul whatever I need to. I've also changed the front crank to a 3 sproket changing my path8 to a path24. Most of my new gears are lower; which allows for greater hill climbing.

How exactly did you do that?
  • I can honestly say that I have enjoyed myself during this time. My trike was bought on Feb. 19,2011. I weighed in @ 235lbs since then I have logged 1372 miles on my path & plan to add many more this year.

THANK YOU Terratrike

Your friend Richard McManis (path69)
  • As I have said in the past. My path is a great way to help lose weight! When I started riding it 235 lbs was what I chimed in at. Now that almost 5 months have past , guess u could say that I have been busy. Been doing well on my progress so far the weight has been coming off very well. Legs r getting stronger, endurance is also getting better. My odometer now reads as follows 1508 miles !!!! Weight has gone down to one hundred ninety-one pounds. ALL that I can and will is THANK YOU dear JESUS!!!
  • People are always noting how "healthy" I eat. What they don't say is "so how come you're so fluffy?" The answer is exercise. With a temperamental knee, my planned exercise routines are either out of the question altogether or will have to wait until I get my legs/knees stronger. Can't wait to get out on the trike!
    I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
    My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

IGP1323-Th.jpg
  • TICK TOCK, Renie!!!!

It is now down to HOURS until you'll have a TRIKE TO RIDE

TICK TOCK, Renie!!!! :D ;)
  • :D All I can say is I love my Path 8 only have 100 and some miles on it. I'm a newb when it comes to Terratrikes but hey I love it. Ok what do you do about the tell tail blister. Had one on my right thumb from shifting. But hey it's better now.
  • One word. G L O V E S
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • Time is passing by quickly. It does not seem like it is August, but guess what it really is! So far I have enjoyed my TT path more than any other pedal cycle that I have ever owned in my life time. Since 2-19-2011 i've been lucky enough to ride 1,865 miles !!!! A ll I can & will say is THANK YOU...
  • Has anyone had prolbems with their shifters going bad? Mine went on me like a few weeks ago. Thought it was the hub it's not the hub the shifter blew up inside how I have no clue.
  • bentcrazy wrote:
    Has anyone had prolbems with their shifters going bad? Mine went on me like a few weeks ago. Thought it was the hub it's not the hub the shifter blew up inside how I have no clue.

You posted on this thread that when you first started riding your trike, you had a blister from shifting, which is very surprising because the shifting of the SA-8 speed hub is almost effortless. You may have had a bad shifter from the beginning, or a cable that is kinked from the shifter to the hub.
  • Honestly, I believe this to be a warranty issue, if you are the first owner. I agree with the Captain, I am shifting constantly while riding, no blisters, no issues, and due to my OA, I do not even grip the shifter tightly, just kinda roll my hand to shift either way.
    ---
    Peter_C

---
  • Has anyone tackled painting your peddles to match the rest of your trike. Have 2 cans of Sun Yellow spray paint to cover up the spots that I've worn off by scraping the peddles on the ground by trying to move in by the carrying the back wheel.
  • it was the shifter took into my lbs yesterday and may get it back today hope hope pray pray. :? :? :?
  • I've not tried painting peddles, but then, anything *I* paint tends to come out looking very bad indeed!

Am glad to hear it's the shifter itself, and not the hub :)

A thought perhaps? Prior to pulling your trike by the rear tire, have you thought to set the peddles so they are not vertical first? You could fix up a piece of velcro to wrap around one pedal and the boom to keep the pedals in place - perhaps that way they won't scrape anymore?
    ---
    Peter_C

---
  • GRR IT'S GONG TO ANOTHER WEEK BEFORE I RIDE. Going through withdraw from not being able to ride and it suck. ;)
  • bentcrazy wrote:
    Has anyone had prolbems with their shifters going bad? Mine went on me like a few weeks ago. Thought it was the hub it's not the hub the shifter blew up inside how I have no clue.

If u let other people ride ur path this is going to happen. Even though u may try to tell them how shift people still don't get the idea that u must stop pedaling then shift. The problem is no that hard to fix it is just a major pain to do because of the small parts. BTW the S/A hub is in my opinion is almost bullet proof. I have towed a trailer with a 300lb generator on it for 8 miles from a friends to my house.
  • path69 wrote:
    bentcrazy wrote:

If u let other people ride ur path this is going to happen. Even though u may try to tell them how shift people still don't get the idea that u must stop pedaling then shift. The problem is no that hard to fix it is just a major pain to do because of the small parts. BTW the S/A hub is in my opinion is almost bullet proof. I have towed a trailer with a 300lb generator on it for 8 miles from a friends to my house.

Correct, and for the most part, it is due to folks not reading the manual that comes with the trike, where it cautions the rider to shift while not under power. Same thing would happen to a stick shift car, if you shifted without stepping on the clutch.
  • :D OK update it's been a year now and forgot how many miles. Soon to be replacing the SA 8 hub with N 360 can't wait because I'm trying to find some on to paint an infinity sign the left cross bar so people will know what it is it'll be a Path Infinity. Instead of a Path 8. Granted it was great for starting out on tadpoles. Will try and ride until the snow flies this year. Just not at night anymore as people in my home town have selected blindness when it comes bicycles.