April 27th Ride Planned

edited April 2013 in Michigan
TerraTrike owners Steve Sabtino and Carlton Olson are planning a group ride to celebrate the arrival of Spring - FINALLY! The starting point will be at Central Park in Spring Lake (Link) at 10AM. They will ride to Grand Haven State Park which is about 6 miles one way, explore downtown and head back.

I'll let them chime in with more details .
Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky

Comments

• Sounds like it'll be fun~!

I only wish I lived closer than I do...
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • Just a few notes about the ride:
    There are two entrances to Central Park with separate parking lots. To avoid confusion lets meet in the lot off of M-104. We will plan to take off from there around 10AM and head to Grand Haven. We will ride the bike path as much as possible which takes us over the drawbridge to Grand Haven and then we can head downtown. We can stop at the pier and then at the beach. On our return we can cruise up Washington St. (thats where a lot of the shops are). When we get back to the park in Spring Lake we have the option to ride the new Lakeside trail to the end and back which would add another 7 or so miles to the ride. It should be a lot of fun. We are looking forward to seeing you! - Thanks! - Steve Sabatino
  • Otofreq- I think it would be fine. I will let you borrow one of my Terratrike flags so you will blend in....lol! - Steve
  • The more the merrier. In fact I think there might be a few 2 wheelers there too. Of course, they are fair game for ridicule though (the 2 wheelers that is) ;)
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• 7_Day_Forecast.jpg

So far the weather is looking good!
    It should be a great ride. I am looking forward to meeting you.
    I will also be riding my Cruiser..

See you there!
    -Steve
  • I am planning on attending, I will see if my wife will join as well.

By the way, we are both Catrike drivers....

hiding2.gif
  • Well.. We could not have asked for better weather!

It was great to meet all of you and I am looking forward to riding with you again.

Here are just a couple of pictures from the ride.
    I will try to get a video posted soon as well.

trike%20ride6.JPG

Trike%20ride1.JPG

Trike%20ride2.JPG

trike%20ride7.JPG

trike%20ride8.JPG

Thanks again!!

-Steve
  • Well, I being the only non-TT rider, I decided for promotional purposes to nominate myself as picture taker.

Great meeting all the other 3 wheel aficionados! and what a perfect day to explore Grand Haven.
    I am sure my brother (hughtech) will post the map from his GPS of the route ridden, but the main group rode about 12 miles or so, and 5 of us ventured further down the railtrail to tack on another 8 miles to round it out around 20 miles (varied between everyone's cyclometers, etc..)

Here are the pics!

ttride042713-1.jpg

ttride042713-2.jpg

ttride042713-3.jpg

ttride042713-4.jpg

ttride042713-6.jpg

ttride042713-7.jpg

ttride042713-8.jpg

ttride042713-9.jpg

ttride042713-10.jpg

ttride042713-11.jpg

ttride042713-12.jpg

ttride042713-13.jpg

ttride042713-14.jpg

ttride042713-15.jpg

ttride042713-16.jpg

ttride042713-17.jpg

ttride042713-18.jpg

ttride042713-19.jpg

ttride042713-20.jpg

ttride042713-21.jpg

ttride042713-22.jpg

ttride042713-23.jpg

ttride042713-24.jpg
  • Here is an overview of our ride today.
    Thanks again everyone!

trike%20ride%20map.JPG
  • We had such a great time on the ride. The weather was as near perfect as you can hope for in Michigan spring time. It was the first time we rode with someone else other then the 2 of us, so we had no idea what to expect, and we were very happy with what we found. Not too fast, not too slow, beautiful scenery, great ride. We too hope that more rides are organized.
    It was great meeting all of you, hope to meet more soon.
    So many trails, so short a summer.
  • WOW!

That is so cool. I really wish we could have been there. Hopefully the next one right?
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker